Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Chinese Coach (Video Game)



This is an excellent teaching tool for Chinese. It teaches you the Mandarin accent (the official module of both China and Taiwan), pinyin (the anglicized pronounciation guide) and the simplified Asiatic composition system (used in China).

Each lesson has a few characters and phrases to learn. You should center the program pronounce each case and phrase, speak into the Nintendo DS to study your pronounciation to the program, and training writing. There are also games to endeavor to alter the learning process. You should repeat the lessons and games as often as you like.

With Asiatic writing, a case is exclusive thoughtful to be cursive aright if the strokes are cursive in the right order and direction (imagine yourself composition a \"plus\" sign, there are 2 strokes that should come in different directions). So I institute the composition part, using the stylus to write the characters, particularly helpful, because I could training composition the characters.

A huge incentive is the mini-program included that includes travel phrases, dictionary of words known, etc. So if I'm in a restaurant in Beijing, I should opt the dining catchword from the list and show it to the waitor to ask a question.

I've proven to learn Asiatic from module CDs, but institute it hard to use because the CD's go on their own measure and the pronounciation is rattling fast. With this program, I should opt to replay something over and over again. With books, I'm not trusty if my pronounciation is right. With this program, I should verify easily with the DS' frequence capabilities.

So basically, this is the best module teaching tool I've seen for Mandarin (short of moving to China or lettered someone who speaks it fluently.)

No comments:

Post a Comment